Life can feel like a juggling act.
Our responsibilities at work, our duties at home, and our social engagements can leave us overwhelmed & feeling like we have little time for ourselves. Striking the balance between our personal needs and the needs of those we serve and/or love can be tricky, if not downright difficult. Mix that along with the mindset that we have to stay “plugged in” in order to “be connected”, and we find ourselves at a loss of how to manage it all.
This workshop draws on the ancient life science of Yoga and the therapeutic tool of Somatic Experiencing to offer practical answers to these very real, modern-day struggles.
In this workshop:
(1) learn & understand why & how stress shows itself in the body & and our mental/emotional behavior (the subtle cues as well as the blaring alarm bells!)
(2) identify personal triggers & individual responses to stress
(3) learn to modulate these responses with tools that include the body & the breath
What is covered:
– begin to learn your own body language: how your body tells you about your physical, emotional & mental state
– discover the breath as an indicator of your state of balance/imbalance
– understand why/how you react the way you do (the physiology of stress)
– uncover your personal triggers: what sets you off? where? how?
– discover your personal resources: what helps you ground, settle, feel connected
– learn techniques to manage uncomfortable sensations & strong emotions (fear, anger, grief, confusion) using body posture, movement and breath
– get clear about your boundaries & how to stand with them
– feeling more centered and at ease in your own skin
– increased confidence: when we know the language of our own body-mind-heart we have solid ground to stand on
– self-respect & appreciation
– increased energy
– lower anxiety
– more space for yourself & more acceptance of others as they are
– better boundaries at work & in personal relationships
– more harmony in relationships (work & personal)
– more enjoyment!
Leave this workshop with a new appreciation for the unique ways in which your body, mind and heart speak to you about what serves you and what depletes you; and how they are your greatest ally in knowing how to serve yourself & the world around you in a sustainable way.
Be prepared to move, breathe, feel & think in familiar… and not-so familiar ways!
Includes: Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha practice (postures/ breath work), presentation & discussion, creative work & Yoga Nidra.
Levels: All welcome. Come as you are. No previous experience in yoga required.