We need only look at the natural world to understand that it is the season to shed what may still be lingering from winter’s hibernation in order to welcome in the warmth, light and clarity of Spring’s renewal and Summer’s flourishing. Just as Nature undergoes her changes, so our bodies, minds and hearts yearn to clear what no longer serves them.
Cleansing is an age-old practice which purifies and strengthens our physical, mental and emotional health.
This cleanse is based on Yogic and Ayurvedic principles and includes:
- Introduction to Cleansing: Yogic & Ayurvedic principles
- Eating your way to health: instruction on eating for your body/mind type during the cleanse
- Yogic Cooking: learn how to prepare simple foods for your cleanse (sprouting, fruits, teas, soups, keechari etc…)
- Shatkarmas: guidance through Hatha Yoga cleanses for the digestive and respiratory systems
- Yoga/Meditation: participate in a special cleansing sadhana (practice) that includes asana, pranayama, mantra & yoga nidra (relaxation)
- Detox kit: all the essentials you need for your cleanse to make it practical and easy to follow!
This cleanse is designed to allow you to continue with your normal weekly routine, while observing a simple cleansing diet and nurturing your system with practical tools for daily life. Two Saturday (9am-12.30pm) instructional sessions at Isha will begin and end the cleanse, while the week will offer you the space to carry on your cleanse independently. Support and expert counsel is offered by the Isha team throughout the week, as well as an optional mid week practice.