Hop onto Your Mat & into Life this month.
Join me online every Thursday for a 1 hr session of focused Yogic practice. For 5 weeks, we’ll be learning how to use the breath to restore vitality as we move into a new life-chapter, amidst a global pandemic & awakening.
Beginner or experienced, you’ll feel at home & at ease in these sessions.
Leave with the confidence & inspiration to carry on with your own “home” practice.
WHAT WE’LL COVER
Every session includes asana (postures) & basic pranayama (breathing practices), with about 25 minutes for each.
The asana (postures) are ones that bring us “home” in the body, so that we get centered before we open & expand the body in order to explore breath work.
The basic breathing practices over the 5 weeks are done sequentially to (1) purify & calm our system, (2) focus our awareness, and finally (3) to increase our vitality.
At the end of each session you’ll have “fun-work”–a short 5-min practice to “test drive” throughout the week (don’t panic: no tests & no grades given!)
All classes are taught in the tradition of the Bihar School of Yoga.
Level: some experience in Yoga necessary (beginner level).
WHERE. WHEN. HOW
Each Thursday in July on Zoom (link provided once you register)
July 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Nepal@ 18.15 | Geneva @ 14.30 | EST @ 8.30
75 min (1 hour class + 15 min Q&A)
Give yourself some extra “wiggle room” & allot 90 min for your practice.
Online sessions can be full of unexpected blips…and breath work, as simple as it is, can also shift a lot of “stuff”. Give yourself the gift of some extra space & time.
What you’ll need:
– a computer/tablet & wifi connection
– a mat, a cushion & quiet, clear space around you…and of course, you, just as you are.
US $75 for 5 hours
Earn in rupees or financially strapped? No problem. Write me.
– increased confidence to manage difficult thoughts, feelings, sensations
– more energy!
– less reactivity to internal thoughts & external triggers
– feeling more composed & calm
– a squeaky clean mind
– sharper focus
– support of a practicing community (it’s amazingly easier to stay focused & go deeper when we practice together)
– a sense of accomplishment: you committed to a class & are doing it! your fellow practitioners will be waiting for you every class….and if you don’t show up, we’ll remind you to join:)
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A CLASS?
– be prepared to be challenged, but not necessarily to sweat. Unless you’re in 40C (100F +) weather, you won’t need a towel.
– no need for props, straps or any other equipment. A mat, a cushion or two and a light blanket are all that you’ll need…plus your computer/wifi connection.
– mindful, steady- paced approach: the Bihar Yoga approach emphasizes the development of awareness on all levels–of the body, breath, energy, mind, emotions etc… Working with the breath–as we are in these series– is something that takes refined awareness. And if you don’t have that yet, don’t worry. The breath will quickly bring you to it!
– verbal instruction: in a typical BY session, the teacher instructs verbally rather than demonstrating. This allows you, the practitioner, to 1) stay 100 % focused on your self (not having to coordinate looking & doing) and (2) avoid the trap of comparing yourself to the teacher or others in the class (not helpful!). It also allows the teacher to stay attuned to the practitioner rather than on him/her/its self.
Given that this is an online class however, I’ll be demonstrating (at least a few rounds), and we’ll see how we go from there.
THIS SERIES IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU WANT:
– a vigorous workout
– a group counselling/healing session
– in-depth pranayama class (coming soon)
– presonalized, 1 on 1, guidance
- Do I have to be super flexible for this class?
Absolutely not. We all start off stiff. That’s why we come to practice.
- Is this a vigorous workout?
No. Not at all. This is more a meditative approach– we’ll be using the body & breath to go deeper and deeper into wellbeing.
- I have a history of asthma. Can I still do this class?
Absolutely, and I’m so glad that you’re joining. Variations will be given along the way so that you can go at your pace & follow your ability.
- What if I miss a class?
All classes will be recorded and you’ll get the recording.
- I’ve signed up, paid, but don’t like the class. Can I get a refund?
If after attending two (2) FULL sessions you decide it’s really not for you, you’ll be refunded the $45, minus all transaction fees.
If you sign up & something “crazy” like a global pandemic makes it so you can’t attend, you’ll receive the recordings that you can then do on your own.
You are fully responsible for your health & wellbeing. This class does not replace professional medical care nor advice. If you have any doubts, consult a medical or other professional.
Come to practice at your own “risk”. Who knows….you might just end up happy!